I made this recipe for my family and they love it. Even my father loves it, and it’s hard to please my father when it comes to food. I wouldn’t change a thing the recipe works well…Love it!
My husband was not sure about ITALIAN CHEESE BOMBS but when he tasted it he was hooked. Dough was light and delicious. Not a fan of anchovies so just left them off. Ate one immediately and froze one for later. Will definitely make again.
This was soooooooo good! It looked, smelled and tasted like something from a top notch Mediterranean restaurant. I made it two days in a row; the second time, I added some olive oil, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Absolutely amazing! Thanks so much!
ITALIAN CHEESE BOMBS
- 1 (16 ounce) tube biscuit dough
- 6 ounces part skim, low moisture mozzarella (can substitute cheese sticks)
- 16 slices (about 2 ounces) salami (I used a little under half of a 5 ounce package)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- If package has 8 biscuits, split each biscuit in half to make 16 flat disks. Divide cheese into 16 equal portions. Cut each piece of salami up into 4 pieces.
- One biscuit at a time, add chunk of cheese and 4 pieces of salami on dough and then wrap ends around to create a ball. Be sure to fully seal.
- Add olive oil to a shallow cup. Add parmesan and seasoning to another shallow cup.
- Once all the balls have formed, dip each ball in the olive oil and then roll the top in the parmesan seasoning mixture. Place on a baking sheet with the parmesan seasoning side up.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 10-15. Serve immediately so the cheese is nice and melty.
READ MORE >>> ITALIAN CHEESE BOMBS @ selfproclaimedfoodie.com