Really delicious! I added cherry tomatoes like one of the pictures had- it didn’t add tons of flavor, but the color really popped. I also didn’t bother draining the mixture before adding the vinegar and saw no issues. The whole family, including my daughter 3 years old, loved it!
Wonderful Flavor! Reminded me of a traditional polish dish of cucumbers, dill, and vinegar but with the addition of avocado which made it even better! Only thing I did differently was just combine all ingredients in a bowl and let chill, didn’t follow the recipes other instructions and it turned out great!
VEGAN AVOCADO POTATO SALAD WITH DILL & CILANTRO
6 (approximately 2 lbs.) potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
1 large, ripe avocado
Zest and juice of 1 lime
2-3 tbsp. herbs of your choice (I used dill and cilantro)
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of cold water (the water should just cover the potatoes). Once boiling, add salt to the water and give them a stir.
- Boil (you may have to reduce the heat a little to keep the water from spilling over) potatoes until they are fork-tender, but not falling apart, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and spread potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes to cool. (This will keep your potatoes from crumbling when you stir in the dressing).
- While the potatoes are in the freezer, combine the avocado, lime zest, lime juice, herbs and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Take the potatoes out of the freezer when they are cool to the touch and place in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the dressing and chill until ready to eat.
- Best served chilled or room temperature.