Really easy and great for a big group, or to refrigerate leftovers for the week for a grab and go breakfast. I used crumbled bacon instead of ham this time, and of course it works well too. I also just used melted butter for the brush on top to make it easier. You can play around with types of cheeses, add eggs and sliced ham, etc – super easy to tailor to your eater’s tastes.
GAMEDAY BREAKFAST SLIDERS
1 pkg (12 count) Hawaiian Rolls
8 – 10 eggs (depending on egg size & how “eggy” you want your sliders)
6 large slices provolone cheese (thin slices)
sliced ham (at least 6 large, thin slices)
¼ Cup butter (melted)
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Scramble up your eggs however you like to do them.
- While the eggs scramble, cut the entire package of rolls in half (so you have a sheet of the tops & the bottoms).
- Place the bottom sheet of rolls in a pan and top with a thin layer of provolone cheese (I used about two large slices).
- Once the eggs are done, cover the cheese layer with the eggs. Then, lay ham slices over the eggs. If your provolone is nice & thin, then you can add two more slices over the eggs and then again over the ham.
- Place the top sheet of rolls over the ham.
- At this point, either cover and store in frridge/freezer for future use or continue on to finish making…
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, mustard & brown sugar. Stir until well combined (and the sugar is at least mostly dissolved). Then coat the tops of the rolls with the mixture. (I like to use a little pastry brush to make sure I get the tops evenly and a little on the sides).
- Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes (until cheese gets nice & melty).
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes. Then cut, serve, and enjoy!
Read more >>> Gameday Breakfast Sliders @ momendeavors.com