YUM! You can really taste the avocado flavor! It’s not that often that I get to play with my magic bullet. Watching the freeze dried avocado turn to powder was fun. The recipe was really quick and easy to do. The hardest part was waiting for them to cool. Actually, they were warm when we had our first. (Hubby made me do it). I frosted them with “Real avocado Frosting” from this site which is another of Candice’s prize recipes. I made no changes to the recipe. I got 18 cupcakes and they took 18 minutes to bake.
1½ cups of flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup of sugar
1 ripe avocado
¾ cup vegetable oil
⅔ cup of milk + 1 tbs
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powder sugar
½ cup of butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line the muffin pan with cupcake lines.
- Prepare all the ingredients and have them ready before starting the batter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Mash the avocado very well or even put it through food processor, set aside.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together, on high speed, until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Lower the mixer to medium, with mixer running, drizzle in the oil and beat until well combined.
- Add the avocado mash.
- Alternating, beat in dry ingredients and milk on low speed. Starting and ending with dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Do a toothpick test to make sure they are done.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Combine the ingredients for the frosting in a mixer. Beat until very well combined.
- Frost the cupcakes and enjoy!
Read more >>> AVOCADO CUPCAKES @ willcookforsmiles.com