This recipe was absolutely AMAZING. As other reviewers suggested, I nixed the oil completely. I also only used 1 cup of brown sugar and no salt (“healthy” brownies) and I used almond milk instead of soy. HEAVENLY. I only recently started cooking vegan, so I know what normal brownies taste like. These are comparable if not better! And less guilty! They’re perfectly flavored, extremely moist but not too heavy, and delightfully fudgey. I could rave on! Mine are only 245 calories a brownie. I will definitely be making these again!
LOW CARB CHEWY AVOCADO BROWNIE
90 g (3 oz) sugar free dark chocolate bites – I used healtheries in NZ
2 tsp coconut oil
2 medium ripe avocado, flesh (1 cup, 230g)
1/2 cup (45g) erythritol – I used natviain NZ you can use Swerve in US
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Glazing and toppings
1/8 cup pecan, crushed (12g)
1/3 cup sugar free chocolate bites,, melted (40 g)
1/4 tsp coconut oil
Optional: 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Line a square brownie pan (24 cm x 24cm) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan add the dark chocolate bites and coconut oil. Bring to medium heat until fully melted. You can also place both ingredients into a bowl and microwave on high by 30 seconds burst until fully melted. Set aside.
- In your food processor with the S blade attachment, add all the brownie ingredients (except the glazing one) in this order: ripe avocado flesh, eggs, erythritol, almond meal, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla. extract and melted chocolate
- Process for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until all the ingredients comes together and you obtain a thick brownie batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared square pan. Spread the batter evenly in the pan using a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the brownie comes out clean.
- Cool down 10 minutes in the pan before pulling out the brownie from the pan using the parchment paper to pull out the brownie easily.
- Transfer the brownie on a cookie rack to cool down until room temperature.
- Meanwhile prepare the chocolate glazing and toppings. In a small saucepan, under medium heat, melt the sugar free chocolate bites with coconut oil until fully liquid and shiny. Stir often to avoid the chocolate to burn.
- Use a teaspoon to drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the brownie and decorate with crushed pecan nuts and sea salt – optional.
- Cut the brownie in 16 squares and store the brownies in the pantry in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Read more >>> Low Carb Chewy avocado brownie @ sweetashoney.co