I followed this recipe exactly as directed. Was very simple to make and one of the best homemade cookies I have made yet. As a rule, I do not like chewy soft cookies, but these were wonderful and tasty. For those of you who state that this was not a good recipe there must have been something you didn’t follow exactly. I will continue to use this recipe and pass it on to others.
Yummy cookies, and I very much appreciated the detailed instructions and tips. I’ll never try to “drop” cookies with dry hands again, and parchment paper really saves time on clean-up! I love the toasted nut flavor and the little zings of saltiness from the kosher salt. Perhaps not the ideal recipe for a “quick batch,” but they’re tops for taste.
BAKERY STYLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
2 sticks butter (we’re going to brown it!)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract, optional
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, about 6 minutes, until it becomes brown in color. It will foam, reduce, then foam again. Once it’s done cooking the foam is a light brown and it will dissipate after you remove it from the heat. Once it starts to brown, keep stirring so it doesn’t burn. Let sit for about 5 minutes to cool. (Here is a visual on how to brown butter.)
- Pour into an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. While still hot, add both sugars and mix on low until combined. Let sit to cool for a few minutes.
- While butter mixture is cooling, combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Turn mixer (with butter mixture bowl attached) on low. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing completely. Mix in vanilla extract and almond extract (optional, but it adds great flavor). Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Important: Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill dough for at least 3 hours. I chilled mine overnight. It must be COMPLETELY cold before you bake it for these to turn out properly.
Read more >>> BAKERY STYLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES @ crazyforcrust.com