This tastes so much like an Andes candy, which I love. All I can say is – Wonderful!! Excellent!! Made them in 3 layers, just like the recipe says. I just reheated the reserved chocolate for the final layer to make it spreadable. A super quick, easy “cheater” fudge (since it’s made with sweetened condensed milk and doesn’t have to be boiled) that tastes like you slaved over it. Love this recipe! Everybody that’s tasted it raves over it.
Everyone loves this recipe. Last time my 8-yr old made it almost entirely by himself. We like to used different colored “chocolate” for the middle layer instead of food coloring.
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP FUDGE
3 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2-3 teaspoons mint extract (not peppermint)
green food coloring
3/4 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- Line an 8×8 square pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave white chocolate chips and butter on high for 1 minute. Let rest for 1 minute then check to see if melted. If needed microwave for another 30-45 seconds. Stir chocolate until all lumps are gone.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and mint extract. Add food coloring to desired color. Once completely incorporated, let cool for a few minutes then fold in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Press fudge into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining mini chocolate chips on top and gently press into fudge.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours to set before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container.