This is the best cake EVER! I wasted so much time on other online recipes, this was by far the best! I substituted a few things….used Splenda instead of sugar, Soy Milk instead of whole milk, and crisco (butter flavor) instead of butter. For the frosting I mixed, one box of vanilla sugar free pudding, enough soy milk for the consistancy I wanted, one teaspoon of vanilla and folded in sugar free cool whip. I also added some coconut per my husbands request. Iced the cake and put in fridge to set. Served Chilled, SO YUMMY!
This came out sooo well! I followed directions exactly except I added some chopped walnuts. Everyone loved it and asked me for the recipe! I didnt add frosting because I didnt think it was needed. I let the bananas sit for 2 weeks so they were very ripe!
THE BEST BANANA CAKE
1 hour 35 mins
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
1⅓ cup mashed bananas
2½ tablespoons lemon juice, divided
1½ cups milk
3 cups flour
½ tablespoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
⅔ cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoons vanilla
8 oz cream cheese
⅓ cup butter, softened
3 – 3.5 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1½ teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- Place 1½ tablespoons lemon juice in a measuring cup. Top to 1½ cups with milk. Set aside.
- Mix together mashed banana with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, set aside.
- Beat together butter, brown and white sugar until combined. Add in eggs one at a time and vanilla. Mix on high until light and fluffy (almost the texture of frosting).
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Alternate adding flour mixture and milk to egg mixture stirring just until combined. (Do not overmix). Fold in bananas. Pour into prepared pan.
- Put into the oven and reduce heat to 300 degrees. Bake 60 – 70 minutes (see note below) or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not over bake).
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Cream together butter & cream cheese until fluffy. Add in lemon zest and juice. Add powdered sugar a little at a time until you reach desired consistency. Spread over cooled cake.
Note: The cooking time on this cake can vary! Mine takes about 60 minutes. Check your cake at 55 minutes, if it isn’t ready, continue cooking until a toothpick comes out clean (this can be up to an additional 20-30 minutes depending on your oven).
Read more >>> THE BEST BANANA CAKE @ spendwithpennies.com