This is now the ninth time I have made this cake.So many people have requested this recipe from me,but I do not understand why they feel the need to put a different spin on the amount of ingredients, such as the amount of oil etc. Every time they put less oil in there recipe I am told from others, behind there back, that it was not as good as the way I make it because it is not near as moist. Every one that I know of that has had this cake has raved about it,so why toy with the ingredients. Just make your cake exactly as this recipe is stated and you will be rewarded.
I put a thermometer in my oven and at exactly 350F it takes fifty minutes exactly to bake. If I leave it in for fifty five minutes it just starts to give a hint of being slightly burnt. Some things really are okay just the way they are and this recipe is one of them. I am not going to give this recipe to anyone from now on because most of them should just be enjoying eating it and not trying to bake it. They can search for there own recipe as they drew-ell over this one.
THE MOST AMAZING CHOCOLATE CAKE
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Time to Make It: 45 mins
butter and flour for coating and dusting the cake pan
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups granulated sugar
1½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1½ teaspoons salt
4 large eggs
1½ cups buttermilk
1½ cups warm water
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter three 9-inch cake rounds. Dust with flour and tap out the excess. (see cooking lesson below)
- Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer using a low speed until combined.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla. Beat on a medium speed until smooth. This should take just a couple of minutes.
- Divide batter among the three pans. I found that it took just over 3 cups of the batter to divide it evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake meets the toothpick test (stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean).
- Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes and then turn out the cakes onto the racks and allow to cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite frosting and enjoy!
Read more >>> The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake @ thestayathomechef.com