I woke up this morning craving danish. I had all of the ingredients on hand except lemon juice. I thought the suggestion of several previous reviewers to slice the crescent dough into rounds instead of making a top and bottom layer in a pan sounded interesting, so I sliced the crescent rolls into about 1/4 inch thick slices (dental floss makes this very easy!).
I mixed up the filling and substituted 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract for the lemon juice (turns out that made it taste exactly like the danish filling I’m used to getting at the bakery!). I flattened down the center of each dough circle and filled the depression with a spoonful of filling and baked for 15 minutes. They came out great! Cute little mini danish. Half a recipe of filling is plenty for two tubes of crescent rolls. Don’t overbake, they should just barely be golden or the danish will be dry.
CRESCENT CHEESE DANISHES
2 Crescent Roll Tubes
1 8 oz. package of Philly cream cheese (softened)
2 TB butter (fully melted)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 Cup of light brown Sugar
1/2 Cup of regular White Sugar
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla extract
4 Teaspoons of milk
- Preheat over to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, use a mixer to combine the softened cream cheese, lemon juice, pure vanilla
- extract and the white sugar until well combined.set aside.
- Open your crescent roll tubes but do not unroll them
- Use a sharp knife to cut through them slicing them. Make thick slices.
- Lay each slice on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Use your fingers or a small measuring cup to create a small wall around the edge (to hold the
- Using a brush, take the melted butter and add in the 1/4 cup of light brown sugar and mix
- Brush the mixture over each danish
- Dollop even amounts of the filling into each of the danishes
- Bake at 350 for 1618 minutes or until slightly golden brown
- Let cool and add a drizzles of glaze.
- In a small bowl combine all 3 ingredients and stir until smooth, then drizzle over each warm
- Top with cherry, blueberry or strawberry filling!
Read more >>> Crescent Cheese Danishes! @ myincrediblerecipes.com