I loved this. I rarely make spinach dip because it has so much mayo, but this is a better alternative, and very, very tasty. I halved it, used mozarella and another cheese I had in the fridge, and served it as a side dish with sausages and macaroni. Unlike the other reader, I actually added a bit more onion and garlic. I think I’ll experiment and add other ingredients, such as carrots or nuts, in the future.
CHEESY BACON SPINACH DIP
6 slices bacon, diced
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups baby spinach, chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9-inch baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan, mayonnaise and Worcestershire. Stir in bacon, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread bacon mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheeses.
- Place into oven and bake until bubbly and golden, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with bacon and parsley, if desired.
Read more >>> CHEESY BACON SPINACH DIP @ damndelicious.net