This may be one of the best cheesecakes I have ever made. I was having a houseload of people so I made this in advance and put it in the freezer, because I had so many things to prepare and it was outstanding! Just thaw for approximately 15-20 minutes before serving. Remember to whip the cream and fold in already whipped. This could be why some are having difficulty. This easily deserves a 5 star. I used Raspberry pie filling as the topping and drizzled hot fudge sauce on top before freezing. Next time I will make with Cherry pie filling as recommended.
CHEESECAKE DESSERT TACOS!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
6 large Flour Tortillas
Oil for frying
Graham crumbs (optional, this makes it a bit messy but tastes great)
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can pie filling (any flavor)
- Using a 3.5″ circle cutter, cut out circles from your tortillas. You should get about 5 from each tortilla. (You can use any size cutter but this was the perfect size for a 2-3 bite taco).
- Heat about 1½” of oil in a pan on the stove over medium heat. Use a little scrap of tortilla to put in the oil and make sure it’s good & bubbly.
- Using tongs, place one circle in the oil for about 5 seconds. Flip it over and fold it in half holding it folded for about 5 seconds or until browned. Flip over and fry the other side until crispy. Immediately remove from the oil giving it a little shake and place into the graham crumbs if using.
- Set on a pan to cool. You can leave these at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Cream together cream cheese and lemon juice until soft.
- Add whipping cream and beat on medium for 2 minutes. Add in sugar beat until stiff and fluffy. Place in a ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pipe cheesecake filling into each taco. Top with pie filling and serve.