I loved this muffin. My husband on the other hand wished it was more moist. I gave it a 5 star for the flavor, and I will work on figuring out how to make it more moist without compromising the flavor. I did omit the cinnamon, and I substitued 1/2 c. sour cream for the applesauce, as I had none on hand. I also added a dash of salt.
These are way better than the box muffins I have been making to send to work with my husband. Thanks! 4/29/07 – made this muffins again, and this time used the applesauce called for instead of sour cream I had subbed before. I also increased the margarine to 1/2 c. and added some milk (probably 1/4 c.) and they were nice and moist. Yummy!
FUDGY CHOCOLATE AVOCADO MUFFINS
2 cups all-purpose flour (can use white whole wheat if desired)
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend (or about ¾ cup sugar)
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
¾ cup chocolate chips
1 avocado, mashed well (about ½ cup)
1 (5.3-oz) container fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 cup fat-free milk
¼ cup canola or coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ cup chocolate chips, for topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, Truvia (or sugar), cocoa, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
- In another mixing bowl, mash avocado with fork. Whisk in yogurt.
- Measure out milk, oil and vanilla and pour into avocado/yogurt mixture. Whisk together.
- Combine the flour mixture and avocado mixture until incorporated.
- Scoop into prepared pan, filling about ¾ full. Top each muffin with a sprinkle of chocolate chips, if desired. Place in preheated oven and bake for about 35 mins, until toothpick comes out mostly clean and muffins spring back when touched.
- Let cool and then careful extract from muffin tin and enjoy!
Read more >>> Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Muffins @ yummyhealthyeasy.com