This was just a wonderful dessert. So easy, yet looked like I slaved for hours over it. The only problem was that it was so good, my family didn’t leave me any leftovers! Thanks for this fantastic recipe.
This is AMAZING. Very very easy, maybe 20 minutes MAX. I agree with other reviewers you do not have to have 2 pints of strawberries. I too used oreo cookies with out the filling for the crust. This will absolutely be a favorite recipe of mine from now on.
FRENCH STRAWBERRY CAKE
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 c. granulated sugar, divided
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. sour cream
16 oz. fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip together the butter and 1 cup of the sugar until pale and fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- Fold in strawberries. Spread the batter in the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack.
Read more >>> French Strawberry Cake @ foodtasticmom.com