Very, very fudgie brownie! It makes a crisp crust on top and ooey-gooey in the middle. I added 1 Tb more cocoa. My husband loved it and said it was so chocolatey. It sets up as it cools, so I recommend cooling it very well before eating. Even better the next day, if it is still around!
This had the most wonderful chocolate flavor and was easy to put together. I had to use a 9×13 pan and I couldn’t tell if it was done at the end of the 60 minutes. I jiggled the pan and the top was set. I should have used a toothpick because the bottom was a fudgesauce. So I realize I should have baked it longer. I finished my pan up in the microwave.
OOEY GOOEY FUDGE BROWNIES
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1½ cup white sugar
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
2 eggs, room temperature
¾ cup all-purpose flour + 1 TBS for coating chocolate chips
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare an 8×8 aluminum square baking dish with a light coating of cooking spray, or wipe with a small amount of shortening.
- In a bowl, combine the white sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy.
- In a second bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat the eggs, one at a time, into the sugar and butter mixture, until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour mixture in 2-3 additions, mixing slowly until just combined.
- Toss the chocolate chips in about 1TBS of flour, and then fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into pan and use a rubber spatula to level off the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutees. Brownies are done when edges are set and have started to pull away from the sides of the pan. The center may appear to be slightly jiggly, but will firm up once brownies have cooled.
Read more >>> Ooey Gooey Fudge Brownies @ browniebites.net