Fabulous recipe! hyatttm included every step to prepare this cheesecake, making it easier for anyone who has never before tried to make a cheesecake.
It came out perfect, the best consistency of any I’ve made! I was a bit intimidated by the topping recipe, but I’m glad I tried it. It was easier than I expected, came out perfect, and completely changed the experience of eating this delicious dessert.
The cheesecake itself is very rich and dense, but the topping adds a light creaminess that allows you to come up for air and then dive back into that intoxicating richness. Banana flavor was not overpowering, but definitely present. Everyone loves it! I will make this again and again.
CREAM CHEESE BANANA BREAD
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ cup sour cream
2 mashed ripe bananas
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
For Cream Cheese mixture:
½ cup granulated sugar
4 ounce cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray one 8.5 x 4.5 x 3 inches loaf pan with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the egg, brown sugar, vegetable oil, sour cream, vanilla, and whisk to combine. Add the mashed bananas and mix together
- Add 1 cup all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt, and stir gently with a spoon until just combined
- Spread half of the banana batter into the prepared loaf pan with a spatula
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese ingredients and spread over mixture on top. Top with remaining banana batter and smooth very lightly with a spatula as to not disturb cream cheese layer and pushing batter into corners and sides as necessary.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the top is domed, golden, and the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool and serve.
Read more >>> Cream Cheese Banana Bread @ yummiestfood.com