These were delicious prepared and cooked exactly as written. I also made them using egg/water and then seasoned bread crumbs. Both ways were fantastic. I served them over wilted spinach and topped with a homemade chicken gravy for dinner. I just wish people would not rate until they’ve made the recipe. These are great and very easy to make. One pound bulk sausage and 1 cup bread crumbs were perfect for 4 extra large eggs.
BAKED EGG IN AVOCADO NEST
1 large avocado
4 grape tomatoes, halved
2 tsp. chives, finely chopped
Freshly cracked sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut avocado in half length-wise and remove pit. With a spoon, widen the hole left by the pit in each half by scraping out about 1 tablespoon of avocado flesh from each side.
- Place the avocado halves into a small baking dish with sides, cut side up.
- Crack an egg into each half of the avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs have reached desired doneness. (I like my egg set a little more than John does, so I remove his and just cook mine a couple more minutes.)
- Top with grape tomatoes and chives. Enjoy!
Read more >>> Baked Egg in Avocado Nest @ scrumptiouslyskinny.com