This is a great recipe! Easy and very tasty. Very nice on a chilly autumn day. Although, I did do a few alterations. I lined the pie plate with parchment paper, allowing the excess to stand up on the sides.
After inverting the pie I allowed the pie to cool for about 20 minutes and removed the parchment paper. The wonderful pecan mixture was also on the sides like icing. It was beautiful and the pie plate was completely clean. Finished off with a caramel sauce. The family loved it. A new favorite!!
UPSIDE DOWN CHEESECAWKE APPLE PIE!
Prepared pie crusts for a double crust pie (such as Pillsbury) or your favorite pie crust recipe
2 x 8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about ⅛”)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
caramel sauce for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a pie pan with the bottom pie crust.
- With mixer on high, combine cream cheese, ½ cup sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add in eggs and mix until combined. Pour cream cheese mixture into the pie crust.
- In large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, ½ cup sugar, flour and cinnamon. Gently place apples on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Top apples with second pie crust turning the crust inwards to bake. Cut a few small slits into the top of the pie.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and place the pie on the pan. Cover loosely with a piece of foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes or until the apples feel soft when a knife is inserted. Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes.
- Place a large plate over the top of the pie and flip it upside down releasing the pie onto the plate. Cool 1 hour on the countertop and then refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Serve cold with caramel sauce.
Read more >>> Upside Down Cheesecake Apple Pie! @ spendwithpennies.com