As far as mug cakes go…This one is FANTASTIC! I love that is doesn’t call for eggs, and if you cook it a bit less it has a lovely molten effect. I cooked mine in a cereal bowl rather than a mug and it worked great!
My kids each made one as well and all managed to make a successful treat (ages 7,10,13) So very friendly recipe. Everybody did their own add in’s including coconut, nuts, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and chocolate chips…pretty much whatever we did to this cake.
THE MOISTEST CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon granulated sugar (you can add 1 tbsp. more if you like it a bit sweeter)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. milk
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon hazelnut chocolate spread
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. Mine was a 14-ounce mug. You want enough head space for the cake to rise without pouring over.
- Add 1 tbsp. of hazelnut chocolate spread in the middle of the batter. Just drop it in the middle, no need to push it down and sink it in the batter.
- Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter if your mug cake overflows).
- Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high (PLEASE READ NOTES CAREFULLY BELOW)
- Carefully remove from microwave and enjoy!
RECIPE NOTES and more >>> THE MOISTEST CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE @ tablefortwoblog.com