This came out totally amazing. I pretty much followed the recipe exactly, except I used low fat cream cheese instead of fat free, and I also added 3 tbs of green tea powder (though my green tea powder has been sitting around for over a year, so it’s probably not as potent as fresh powder). I like a stronger green tea flavor, but I do think 1 tbs may not be enough for most people. Either way, this is definitely a keeper.
I chose to do a variation of this recipe. I substitute the low-fat cream cheese for the traditional one and I added 100g of melted white chocolate. It was an absolute success!
NO BAKE MINI GREEN TEA CHEESECAKE
1 cup graham crackers, crushed (about 6 sheets)
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp granulated sugar
3 tsp matcha powder (adjust to your preferred matcha flavor)
1 cup heavy cream, lightly whipped
green food coloring (optional)
- In a Ziploc bag, crush crackers until they are crumbs. Add sugar and mix. Pour in melted butter and mix until all crumbs are thoroughly wet.
- Line a muffin pan with liners and drop a tbsp of crumb mixture into each. Pat down until crumbs are flat and firm, forming a crust. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla.
- Add in granulated sugar and green tea powder and beat until smooth.
- Lightly whip the heavy cream and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture. Add food coloring if desired.
- Pour the mixture into each muffin well. The cheesecakes won’t rise so fill each well fairly full.
- Chill in the freezer for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight. Enjoy!!
Read more >>> No Bake Mini Green Tea Cheesecakes @ goodmorningcali.com