Oh my gosh. This cheesecake was absolutely amazing! It was literally the best thing that I’ve ever made. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out PERFECT! I made this for a foods project and my family loved it. It was so easy to make. I would think it would even be fun for children to make.
You really can’t go wrong with this if you like Oreos and cheesecake! I did make some minor changes though. First the crust needs to be doubled, as is it barely covers a 9 inch springform pan. I also did 2 teaspoons of vanilla and 1 teaspoon of lemon and doubled (or so) the amount of Oreos in the batter. All in all I used a whole package of Oreos!
OREO CHEESECAKE DOUGHNUTS
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
Package of original refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
About 30 oz bottle of vegetable oil for frying
8 oz cream cheese
¼ cup white granulated sugar
2 Tbsp sour cream
2 Tbsp heavy cream
¾ cup powder sugar
2½ Tbsp heavy cream
10-12 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
- Preheat oil in a fryer, dutch oven or a medium sauce pot to 340-350°F. (If using a pot on a stove top, I recommend a medium setting.)
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and 2 Tbsp of heavy cream in a bowl for 2-3 minutes. Transfer cheesecake mixture into a piping bag fitted with a pastry filling tip. Set aside.
- Chop Oreo cookies and place them into a wide, shallow bowl. Set aside.
- In another wide and shallow bowl, whisk powder sugar and 2½ tbsp of heavy cream until smooth. Set aside.
- Open the can of refrigerated biscuits and carefully take them apart. Fry biscuits, 2-3 at a time, until golden brown. Flip to the other side and fry until that side is golden brown as well.
- Place some paper towels under a wire rack. Take out cooked doughnuts and place them on the wire rack to cool.
- Let doughnuts cool for a couple of minutes. Then, fill each doughnut with some cheesecake mixture from the piping bag.
- Dip each doughnut top in the glaze first and then, dip them in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Repeat with all the doughnuts.
Read more >>> OREO CHEESECAKE DOUGHNUTS @ willcookforsmiles.com