I made this last night and it was incredible! The prep work was worth it. Like others I used bread crumbs instead of making my own and that did save a little time other than that I followed the recipe exactly.
The cook time was more like 35 minutes though. I have some leftover “stuffing” mix and am freezing it to use another time. I hope it holds up in the freezer! Update: I did find that the stuffing does hold up in the freezer for future use! Great stuff!
GUACAMOLE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE
4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 – 1 1/2 lb. total weight)
1 ripe avocado
2 tbsp. diced red onion
1/4 cup chopped tomato
1 tsp. lime juice
3/4 tsp. salt, divided
2 large eggs
1 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
2 tsp. lime zest
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a mallet to pound each chicken breast thin and flat. Set aside.
- Remove the peel and seed from the avocado. Place the avocado in a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add the onion, tomato, lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir to combine.
- Divide the guacamole between the chicken pieces and spread it into a thin layer. Roll up the chicken, starting with the skinniest edge (the part that comes to a point). Secure the seam with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In a separate shallow bowl, add the breadcrumbs, lime zest, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, ¼ teaspoon salt, and the pepper. Stir to combine.
- Roll the stuffed chicken in the eggs. Let the excess egg drip off. Press and roll the chicken in the breadcrumbs. Shake off the excess breadcrumbs. Place the chicken seam-side down in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Discard the remaining egg and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and it’s coating is golden brown and crispy.
Read more >>> GUACAMOLE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE @ the11best.com