OH the possibilities with this recipe! Super easy and super yummy! This recipe makes a lot. I filled 3 bread braids and I FILLED them..probably could have filled 5 loaves. But I got rave reviews! Used the egg white with a little water to coat bread. Came out beautiful! I have been thinking of more ways I want to use this really great recipe!
Super delicious! For some reason I haven’t been adding the egg and it’s been perfect without it. Use as a filling for the Extreme Chocolate Cake recipe on this website for some heavenly cupcakes!
GLUTEN FREE BLENDER CREPES WITH CHEESECAKE FILLING
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 T butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups high quality gluten free flour (I used Mama’s Almond Blend)
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 T sugar
- Blend eggs, milk, water, and melted butter in a blender until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, pulse a few times, and blend on lowest speed just until smooth, stopping to scrape sides of blender with a spatula if needed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- When skillet is preheated, coat bottom of pan with a little butter or oil (butter tastes best for flavor, but a neutral tasting oil would work, too)
- Pour about 1/3 cup crepe batter into center of pan, pick up the pan, and gently swirl until the crepe is thin and covering bottom of the pan.
- Cook until crepe appears to be mostly set but the top is still a bit wet. Carefully flip and cook the other side. This side will probably only need to cook about 30 seconds since the crepe is mostly done when you flip it.
- When done, remove the crepe to a serving plate and repeat this process with remaining batter. Put a piece of waxed paper between the crepes as you remove them from the pan, so they won’t stick together.
- Serve with your favorite topping/filling: Nutella and sliced banana, butter and cinnamon sugar, cream cheese filling with fresh berries, a savory filling, or even just a sprinkling of powdered sugar.