This is so easy, don’t doubt it. I made it with oil and without and it works both ways. I always have unpopped kernels but i would rather have them, then burnt popcorn. it is great, easy, healthy and cheap! that’s tough to beat. I use the butter flavored spray release and I got great seasonings through kernelseasons.com -they carry lots more then you will find at the grocery store. enjoy!
I have used this idea and turned it into a gift basket…i got cute lunch bags, a big bowl, seasonings and butter release spray and a bag or jar of popcorn. i typed up the instructions and gave them all as gifts last year….now my whole office knows how to make it…. this is really a great recipe.
ST. PATRICK’S DAY POPCORN RECIPE: LEPRECHAUN POPCORN
1 bag of microwave popcorn, light or regular butter (full sized, not snack)
1 cup green chocolate candy melts*
½ cup white chocolate candy melts*
St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles
Green Mint M&Ms
- Pop the popcorn and remove the unpopped kernels.
- Place the candy melts in small bowls or glass measuring cups, one for each color.
- Microwave the green candy for 40 seconds then stir, repeat in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. (takes 1-2 minutes dependent on melt brand and your microwave).
- Drizzle the melted green chocolate candy over of the bowl of popcorn and toss to coat (use a silicone spatula to ensure you get it all out.) Toss the popcorn with your hands until nicely coated. Then spread out onto a large serving platter (or baking sheet, if you are going to bag the popcorn up after). Optional* Add some green sugar sprinkles at this point.
- Melt the white candy melts and drizzle over the platter of popcorn, immediately top generously with St. Patrick’s themed candy sprinkles. They will adhere to the melted white chocolate candy.
- Finally, toss on the M&Ms. Allow the Leprechaun Popcorn to cool a few minutes before serving.