This bread is so awesome. Use whatever cheese(s) you like. I omit the green onions as our family doesn’t like them. I use garlic salt insted of minced garlic (just my preference). When we have dinner guests, this is usually on the menu by their request.
Everyone loves this bread, even people who don’t like mayo. Btw, someone rated this 2 stars because of the ingredients. Why give a bad rating without trying the recipe just because of the calorie content? That’s insane. If it’s not for you, move on, don’t rate the recipe low.
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
1 (15- by 3 1/2-inch) loaf Italian bread
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Italian seasoning, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together the butter, oil, garlic and parsley in a small bowl.
- Using a serrated knife cut the bread into 1-inch-thick slices without cutting all the way through to the bottom, leave the slices attached to each other.
- Gently pull apart the slices and use a pastry brush to butter them with the garlic mixture.
- Wrap the loaf in foil and bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, unwrap and let cool until you can handle it without being burned.
- Heat the broiler with the oven rack in the center.
- Cut the slices all the way through and lay them out on baking sheets. Mix the parmesan, cheddar and mozzarella together.
- Top each slice with cheese and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning.
- Broil them with the oven door ajar until bubbly with some golden spots about 3 minutes – check them often. Serve warm.
- Reheat leftovers in the oven about 5 minutes on 350 degrees F.
Read more >>> Cheesy Garlic Bread @ cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com