This was amazing. I did not have any problems with the crust getting hard. Very moist, in fact. I added some extra sugar to toss the aples b/c my experience has proven granny smith’s to be a little bitter.
I personally do not even like apple pie but made this for my family and fell in love with it when I tried it. This is very good. I used whole wheat bread to add nutrition..and I drizzled my homemade caramel sauce on top after taking it from the oven..family and friends had nothing but nice things to say.
APPLE PIE EGG ROLLS
3 cups apples, peeled and diced (approx. 3 apples)
4 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons flour
¾ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
12 Egg Roll Wrappers
Oil for Frying
- Combine all filling ingredients and mix well.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of filling in the center of each wrapper. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper.
- Note: It is important to make sure the sides of the wrapper are tucked in holding the ingredients in. If they leak, it can cause splattering.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry each egg roll for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Read more >>> Apple Pie Egg Rolls @ spendwithpennies.com