I am stuffing my face with this moist, chocolaty goodness as I type this and I am in HEAVEN!! Doubled the cocoa powder as suggested & forgot the nuts, but kept the other quantities the same.
Halved the recipe so that I could bake as cupcakes (350 for 20 minutes) and found that half the recipe makes 12 perfectly beautiful little gems. I had originally intended to dust them with powdered sugar after they cooled, but they’re so gorgeous as they are that I am leaving them as is!
CHOCOLATE BANANA APPLESAUCE CAKE
2 very ripe bananas
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup applesauce (no sugar added)
⅓ cup water
1 tsp white vinegar
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mash bananas in a medium size bowl.
- Stir in sugars, applesauce, water, and vinegar until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt just until combined.
- Fold in ⅓ cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 33-37 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Let cool, slice and serve.
Read more >>> Chocolate Banana Applesauce Cake @ momontimeout.com