This recipe is awesome! I used canola oil instead of sunflower seed oil and my muffins were dark brown due to the cocoa powder as well! They rose perfectly and I thought that I overfilled! The look and taste amazing! What a great recipe!
My family thought they were DELICIOUS! I substituted sunflower seed oil for olive oil and i also substituted semi-sweet chocolate chips for milk chocolate chips and instead of putting one and half bananas I put two bananas. Even after all the substitutions they were still worth it.
CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
1½ cups mashed bananas
⅓ cup oil
1 cup sugar
1½ cups flour
¼ cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup mini chocolate chips
Sugar for sprinkling on tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, oil, egg large mixing bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, sift together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder. Add to banana mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Read more >>> Chocolate Banana Muffins @ chef-in-training.com