I did both versions and have done this one twice by accident because i bought low fat sour cream for something else and ended up using it. I did the half oil because of others saying that 1 cup was too much….and its still delicious.
I aslo used the satiny chocolate glaze for the topping and its spot on. The recipe is on this site as well. It only takes a minute to make it in the microwave oven.
HEALTHIER CHOCOLATE CAKE
3 bananas, ripe
1/2 cup greek yogurt (vanilla or plain)
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 & 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips
mini chocolate chips for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a blender, combine the bananas, greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, and peanut butter. Blend until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the blended mixture into a mixing bowl. Add the egg and mix in.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda, mix until incorporated.
- Add the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, mix.
- Pour the cake into the prepared pan. Sprinkle addition chocolate chips on top of the cake if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Read more >>> Healthier Chocolate Cake @ thefirstyearblog.com