I have made these brownies a dozen or so times. They always want more! I do bake mine in a 9X13 pan instead of a 9X9. They are just marvelous brownies and soooo easy!! Just a hint…you can use any brownie mix, cake frosting and the sour cream. Be creative! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
hese are fabulous! Baked in an aluminum 9×13 pan for 40 minutes & immediately loosened bars around edge of pan. Was out of sour cream, but had plain yogurt, worked fine. Used leftover Hershey’s nuggets intstead of chocolate chips and nuts. YUMMY!!
50 to 60 caramels, unwrapped
One box German Chocolate Cake Mix (I used 15.25 ounce box)
1 cup evaporated milk, divided
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter, melted
One 12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×9-inch pan.
- Melt caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until caramels have completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, remaining 2/3 cup evaporated milk and butter. Mix by hand until batter is smooth and combined.
- Pour a little over 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes only and then remove from the oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top of the partially cooked brownie. Drizzle caramel on top of the chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter on top. You probably won’t have enough to cover the caramel completely.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 18 to 20 minutes until the brownies feel fairly set on top and the edges are lightly browned and crisp. Let the brownies cool completely before cutting. The longer they have time to cool, the more they will firm up.
Read more >> BASEMENT BROWNIES @ recipegirl.com