So Good, my newest addiction!! Love frozen chocolate dipped bananas and love these bite sized treats even more with the addition of peanut butter and because they are bite sized. I used a bag of semisweet chocolate chips and did not add shortening once they were melted. I also sub’d the toffee chips out and used crushed peanuts instead.
Peanut butter and banana chunks really need to be frozen well to make the next step of dipping in chocolate work well. I didn’t measure the peanut butter either and just used my judgment when topping a banana slice. These little frozen bites of delight are rich, satisfying and delicious!
FROZEN BANANA BITES
2 large bananas
1/4 to 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/4 to 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Set out a large plate or bowl with a piece of parchment or wax paper on it.
- Cut up the bananas into good-sized chunks. Each banana should give you around 5 to 6 pieces.
- Heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about a minute. Then stir until smooth.
- Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Lay them out leaving some space between them on the parchment/wax paper. Then when you’ve “covered” them all, use the remaining mixture to spoon over the tops (for even more chocolate-y goodness).
- Then sprinkle the unsweetened coconut flakes on top. Transfer to the freezer for about an hour until hardened.
- You can enjoy them like this (but they really aren’t frozen yet — and when they’re frozen, the banana tastes like vanilla ice cream) . . . I suggest then covering with some plastic wrap (or really you can do all of this in some kind of Rubbermaid container) and let freeze overnight.
Read more >>> FROZEN BANANA BITES @ neverhomemaker.com