This recipe was absolutely AMAZING. As other reviewers suggested, I nixed the oil completely. I also only used 1 cup of brown sugar and no salt (“healthy” brownies) and I used almond milk instead of soy. HEAVENLY.
I only recently started cooking vegan, so I know what normal brownies taste like. These are comparable if not better! And less guilty! They’re perfectly flavored, extremely moist but not too heavy, and delightfully fudgey. I could rave on! Mine are only 245 calories a brownie. I will definitely be making these again!!
Healthy Avocado Brownies
1 large avocado
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup unsweetened dutch-processed cocoa powder*
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender or food processor combine avocado, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla.*
- Add these ingredients to a large bowl and whisk in eggs.
- Add in coconut flour, cocoa powder, sea salt and baking soda and stir until well-combined.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with coconut oil and add batter.
- Place in oven to bake for 25 minutes (slightly less for fudgier brownies or slightly longer for more cake-like brownies).
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into 16 brownies.
- Keep them on the counter in an airtight container at room-temperature for up to 2 days or for a longer shelf-life store in the fridge or freezer.
Read more >>> Healthy Avocado Brownies @ thehealthymaven.com