I just made this casserole with a couple of changes after reading other reviews. I baked the hash browns for 20 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients.
I too added about a cup of mixed vegetables and that was plenty. I also added about 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese. This is really delicious but doesn’t reheat as well as I anticipated.
CHICKEN POT PIE CASSEROLE
1 lb Chicken Breast
12 oz Frozen Peas and Carrots, thawed
2 cup Frozen Diced Potatoes, thawed (like Hash Browns or Potatoes OBrien)
1 Onion diced
2 can Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
1 cup Water
2 cans Refrigerated Crescent Rolls.
1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Grill chicken breasts until cooked through. Allow to cool.
- Grill diced onions until transparent. Set aside.
- Dice chicken into 1/2″ cubes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 11×13″ baking dish.
- Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and pinch perforations to seal into a sheet. Press into bottom and up sides of prepared disk. Don’t worry if sides do not go all the way up.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is light brown.
- Allow to cool.
- In a large skillet, combine chicken cubes, diced onion, water, potatoes and peas and carrots.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until ingredients are warm (5-10 minutes).
- Add soup and poultry seasoning and continue heating for another 5 minutes. If sauce looks too thick, slowly add a little more water until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour chicken mixture over baked crust and spread evenly.
- Unroll other can of crescent rolls and pinch perforations to seal into a sheet. Place over top of chicken mixture and press into sides of dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Read more >>> Chicken Pot Pie Casserole @ cincyshopper.com